”If you want to contribute something meaningful to the world, you must start by rejecting the influence of all prevailing opinions. You will be called a rebel, a lunatic, a blasphemer; but if you stand by your convictions, empowered only by a big dream and a little faith… you may one day be called a genius.” – John Scott Holman
While we work hard to get this site up and running, we’ll post some of John’s favorite quotes!
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. — Thomas Edison
- We think of ourselves as controlling our behavior, willing our actions into being, but it’s not that simple. It’s as if over time, we leave parts of ourselves all around us, which in turn, come to shape who we are. – Alix Spiegel
- You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space. – Johnny Cash
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do. – Bob Dylan
- Whether your disabilities left you outcast, bullied, or teased, rejoice and love yourself today, cuz baby, you were born this way! – Lady Gaga
- The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking. -Albert Einstein
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller
- The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding. – Albert Camus
- You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses. – Lao Tse
- After all, the really social people did not invent the first stone spear. It was probably invented by an Aspie who chipped away at rocks while the other people socialized around the campfire. Without autism traits we might still be living in caves. – Temple Grandin.
- I see people with Asperger’s syndrome as a bright thread in the rich tapestry of life – Tony Attwood